As we are all aware, the Covid-19 virus is upon us. Some salons and barbershops are making the sad decision to close. With us all being in a face to face environment, we wanted to give you some useful tips on how to stay as safe and hygienic as possible.
• Washing hand goes without saying, washing hands for 20 seconds or more is essential and asking your customers to do the same on arrival will help to reduce the risk of spread.
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
• Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
• Call all existing clients who are booked in for future appointment to reschedule for this week commencing IF they haven’t been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 and are feeling well, as at the moment we aren’t in quarantine, it is essential for you as a business owner and your clients to reach both of your needs in case quarantine/lock down happens.
• Mention to customers that they can bring in their own towels if preferred as well as assuring them that hot towel washes and hygiene has always been of high standards.
• If your customer on the phone has symptoms, tell them to stay at home for 7 days.
• If they live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms.
We will post any relevant updates as they occur, including details of the business grants proposed in recent announcements. We hope all our subscribers and fellow barbers stay well at this difficult time, together we will make it through this pandemic.